17 Quick SEO Tips that should be done to improve your overall SEO. It encompasses numerous activities both on and off your web page.
1. Before creating content, do Keyword Research first. Use Google Keyword Planner Tool to find your keywords. If your website is relatively new, target less competitive keywords. Look for keywords in your own country first. They may be less of a challenge to rank well in Google’s SERPS. A good tool to help you find long tail keywords is KeywordTool.io
2. Utilize Google Trends to see if the keyword phrase is starting to rise or beginning a downward decline.
3. Use both Google Autocomplete and Related Searches to look for currently used keyword searches.
4. Use Long Tail Keywords in your Title Pages and place them first. Use 55 characters or fewer because the words will get cut off if you use anymore. Also, use the keywords in the URL, Post Title, Header and naturally in the body copy – early in the content is best.
5. Create links to external authority sites.
6. Link internally to other posts on your website.
7. Use a 301 Redirect – never delete a page.
8. Use Robots Text when trying to stop pages from being indexed.
9. Use Canonical URLs
10. Create a Sitemap
11. Never have more than one 404 Page indexed.
12. Even though Meta Descriptions hold little SEO value, they show up in the search engine results pages. Spend some time writing good unique descriptions for each page.
It may be the deciding factor whether someone decides to click and visit your web page.
13. Optimize the Load Speed of your website. Each page should load in under 3 seconds.
14. If you have a business that you want people to be able to find locally, take advantage of local search with top local sources like Google Places for business and Yelp. Check to see where your competitors have citations for more places to be listed.
15. Do Competitor Analysis. Find out what keywords are being used by your competitors, how many backlinks that they have and from what websites. There are several excellent tools for this including, SEMRush, Spyfu, Ahrefs, Majestic SEO and Alexa. A good one for analyzing social media is Buzzsumo. It will even tell you what posts are shared most often.
16. Do a Website Audit if your website has been around for a while. The best tool for this task is Screaming Frog SEO Spider. It will crawl your website and evaluate onsite SEO by finding broken links, duplicate content and analyzing page titles and metadata.
17. Do Link Building. Make an effort to get authority sites to link to your website. Google will rank your website higher if authority sites are linking to your website.
There are various methods of link building. You will have to be careful how you go about it. Make sure you understand the method if you use an SEO company.
For instance, Google does not approve of the practice of buying links or belonging to private blog networks. Your website will pay the price eventually if you use black hat methods to obtain links.
By implementing these 17 quick SEO tips, you will see a big difference in ranking and traffic.
Learn More about our SEO services.
Get an SEO quote for your website.