I started over 25 years ago doing freelance graphic design in Halifax Nova Scotia. I gained vast experience working for large advertising, public relations and publishing companies in Halifax.
I primarily work with small and medium-sized companies. I have worked with many one person businesses too. Since I do not have a large overhead, I can provide reasonable rates for professional graphic design services.
Creative solutions are provided for all of your graphic design requirements.
Shown below are just a few logos and identities that I have created.
Through my freelance graphic design in Halifax, I worked on numerous projects for government agencies. They involved creating full colour brochures for the Shubenacadie Canal Commission, Dartmouth Heritage Museum, Department of National Defence and Department of Small Business Development.
I had contracts with the Metropolitan Halifax Chamber of Commerce to design all of the advertising collateral materials for their Business-to-Business Expo. It involved numerous newspaper advertisements, a comprehensive brochure, rate cards and a trade show website.
I have worked with many small business owners designing all their promotional needs. They included items such as logos, kit folders, product labels, newsletters, posters and point of purchase displays for stores.
I love creating logos and visual identities. It is more important now than ever to have a professionally designed logo. People are exposed to so much more visual information these days that your logo must be dynamic and distinctive.
Every company, no matter what size, needs a professionally designed logo. Your logo should communicate what your company is about, it must accent its strengths. Leaving logo design to the pros ensures communicating the right message to potential clients.
• Full colour brochures
• Product Labels
• Rate Cards
• Annual Reports
• Point of purchase Displays
This is not a comprehensive list. Just ask us if you need an item that is not on this list.
Click the link here for web design services.
1. Client Meeting – We meet with the client and hear what they want us to create for them. We will then ask a series of questions related to the marketing goals, objectives and the deadline for delivery of this particular piece.
2. Design Brief – We create a design brief based on the information that the client provides to us.
3. Production Plan – We next develop a timeline and plan to complete the project. For instance, the time it will take to design it, have it printed and shipped to the specified location. We send this plan to the client for approval.
4. Research – Once the plan is approved, we start with the initial research stage. We take a look at who your audience is and determine its competitors. Next we look for industry trends. It is important to not design something similar to a competitor. Next we try to find out what makes you different from the competition and include that aspect in the design. That gives you a competitive advantage.
5. Design Phase – We do concept formation by way of many quick rough layouts. We then narrow it down to the 3 best ones.
6. Colour Proof – We usually take 2 or 3 of the best ideas and create a more refined version. The refined version is called a proof. It is shown to the client. It will show the exact fonts, colours and layout (or as close as we can) that we will use.
7. Approval Stage – the client either approves the design, or approves it with revisions to the design and or copy changes to the text.
8. Production – Upon approval we go into production. In other words we prepare it to go to the printer.
We can handle the entire project for you, including: design, printing and distribution. We have worked with printers and distribution companies across Canada. You do not need to use your time dealing with multiple companies that are doing different things. We will provide estimates for all three services.
If you have an item that needs to be designed and distributed to various locations on specific dates, send us an email for a quote. I can develop a distribution plan and give you an estimate of the cost and shipping dates. We have done this for items that have shipped all over Atlantic Canada.
We can advise you of the most efficient cost effective method.
We provide graphic design services for all of your print advertising requirements. Contact us if you have any questions about any of our services.